Tuesday, May 27, 2008

TNA Festival...

The TNA theatre festival is in full swing. In general, I find that the mise en scène of all that I have seen has not been very well thought out. I have seen one show that I liked and two where I sat squirming until the end. So far the style of the shows has leaned toward the fantastic and surreal. In the past two days I have met actors, directors and writers from all over Algeria. The atmosphere of a theatre or film festival is always heartening and energizing.

Next week I am going to be leading a weeklong workshop at the Regional Theatre of Bejaia during their children’s theatre festival. Hopefully I’ll be able to get some KFP participants from my class.

Last night I taught my new friend from Oran words that I know in Kabyle. The irony. The irony.

1 comment:

Kathy said...

Hey Taous,

Just wanted to let you know that I am reading your blog and living vicariously through you. Your experience is really fascinating and I am loving the photos. It is amazing how all the Middle Eastern/North African countries look so much alike!

The reading at the Loft was great, but we missed you. Your mom was fabulous.

We miss you all here at Mizna!

Kathy